Thursday, February 2, 2012

Ground Hog Day!

I know it's a funny little obscure holiday. But we have always loved Ground Hog Day.  We are a family that has traditions; and as I think about it now, they often center around the television! We have to watch Chevy Chase's Christmas Vacation on Christmas Eve, and we have to watch Bill Murray's Ground Hog Day on February 2nd. As the kids got older, we got a little lax and we simply had to watch it somewhere AROUND Ground Hog's Day.

I was looking around to find a YouTube clip for those of you who might need it, I stumbled across some things. There's a Wikipedia page for Ground Hog Day.  It has explanations for thing I never even thought of ! I didn't wonder why Phil was trapped in this repetitive loop. Nor did I think about how long that was supposed to take place. I just went with the story, because...I guess that's just how I am.!

We loved the show and we're always a little startled when someone thanks it's too ridiculous to be funny. But true to form, we press on with our list of Great Traditional Patterson Movies!




But here's a clip from the ACTUAL Pennsylvania Ground Hog emerging in  2012. And if you though the Movie version was odd, you will definitely think that about the real thing!!  I don't really remember looking at an actual video of this event. I'd see men in top hats on Yahoo News, predicting 6 more weeks of winter. But to watch this on video, well, you simply must.

It's a tradition!


 

No comments: