Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Vegetarian - Week 1

So far so good!

I've been sticking with the vegan choices and trying hard to stay low-calorie. The chip bag still calls me late at night, but I'm trying to resist.

Another thing I need to work on is the the pre-planning of meals. My standby meals include:
    A bowl of cereal with Almond milk
    A sandwich with hummus, vegan cheese, veggies and sprouted bread

This week I've eaten out way too much! But I've managed to stick with vegan the whole time.

Zen - BYOB


SubwayVeggie Delight
We ate at Trudy's for Ron's birthday. Black bean tacos for me, with guacamole and TONS of chips and salsa. (Oh, and a margarita)

Ron and I also went to Zen Austin- Japanese Fast Food. It's really yummy. I had the BYOB (Build Your Own Bowl) with tofu, greens, mushroom/veggie mix, noodles, and miso sauce.

Alyssa and I went to Subway and I had the Veggie sandwich.

Cydney and I went to the Ethiopian Restaurant near my house and they were having a Vegetarian Buffet! It was sooo delicious!

Cydney and I met Leena and Angela at the Steeping Room in the Domain. We all had the Buddha Bowl with various sauces. It's tofu, kale, lentils, brown rice and sweet potatoes.

Ethiopian Buffet


Steeping Room's Buddha Bowl


I haven't lost any weight yet at all. So that's disappointing since I haven't cheated. And there's been plenty of meat around here!

Walking the trail with Hank & Buddy at Lake Pflugerville
So I've decided to really get serious about the exercise aspect. The dogs and I really need to walk daily...just to get in the habit. We all have pounds to shed! My plan is to do that every morning, before I really have time to think about other things I'd like to be doing. It's a 30 minute walk out at the lake; it's a nice trail and I go about 2 miles. My goal is to be able to do the whole lake by summer. It's 3.3 miles. Currently, I just walk for 15 minutes, then turn around and walk back. I'll work up my stamina and increase it soon.

My additional exercise is going to be Water Aerobics. Monday-Thursday, 24 Hour Fitness has a 6 p.m. class. I'm going to try to make it 3-4 days/week. And leaving the house while everyone eats dinner is a good plan.  

So, that's where I am at Week One. 
Thank you to everyone who sent recipes and cookbooks and encouragement - it helps a lot! 





2 comments:

Pleased said...

Just remember that just because it's vegetarian doesn't mean it is low calorie. Lots of fats and oils in vegetarian cooking.

Sue said...

I know! It's not the oils that are getting to me. I'm trying to add as little additional oil as possible.
It's the breads! And the CHIPS! If I don't plan well, I get really hungry and then suddenly, I'm snacking on bread! Or muffins. Alyssa made biscuits over the weekend! YIKES.
That's why I think the planning has to improve. I need filling sit-down full meals. I get in a hurry and do a little snacky kind of meal, and then I'm hungry again soon. Not gonna work.
Thanks for commenting!