Monday, October 12, 2009

Wedding Anniversary

This weekend was our anniversary: October 10th.
A morning wedding and then trip to Jamaica...22 years ago.

Since my mom was having a meltdown getting ready for the upcoming move, Ron and I decided to postpone our "date" and go out to dinner later next week. I needed to get up to Dallas. Oh so romantic, right? But as usual, practical wins out...stuff has to be done, blah blah blah.

So, Saturday morning rolls around and we text each other Happy Anniversary. I was thinking, "this really is pretty pathetic." But life just goes like that sometimes.

I'm getting ready for another Home Depot run, Alyssa is napping because she's getting sick, and Grandma is repeating herself for the 5th time, when the door bell rings.

It's Ron.

He rode his motorcycle in the rain from Austin to Dallas to take me out to dinner on our actual anniversary. Alyssa had been "in the loop", Grandma was even more confused, and we hopped on out the door for Mexican food! He couldn't stay, but he just didn't want the day to go by without having our date!

Sweet.

No comments: